Monday, February 13, 2012

John Calvert Palmer ( Rudi Rubberoid et al ) 1927 - 2012


Sad news of Rudi's passing. He will be greatly missed by all who were lucky enough to know him or to get his wonderful decorated envelopes and enclosures. His rubber stamp 'zines like Nomo The Zine and others were always a treat to take part in and to recieve. A most generous correspondent who always filled his envelopes with all manner of stickers, stamps and gew-gaws. His letters were fun too. When I first got in touch I imagined a much younger man and was shocked to find out that he was well over 50 at the time.

Here's an interview he did with Ruud Janssen HERE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My post office box feels quite empty without Rudi's cards and letters.

Wastedpapiers said...

Thanks anon. I miss him too as I'm sure many others who corresponded with Rudi do.